Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm blogging!

 Shrimp Creole Omelet from LaLou, formerly Another Broken Egg, in Baton Rouge.

 Caramel Apple Cupcakes I made recently.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake from Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, one of my favorite restaurants.


What can I say? I love food. I love eating it. I love cooking it. I love reading about it. I love watching about it on TV. I just love it. Food is what brings me here today. I have been contemplating starting my own blog, and those who know me won't be surprised by the subject of it. In fact, I have a reputation for eating well. I see people all the time who ask, "What good restaurant have you been to lately?" Or, "What have you cooked good to eat?"

A lot of the photos I post on facebook are of food. Those photos get more comments than any. I guess it's because here in the South, food is a huge part of our culture. Almost every function revolves around food, whether it be a wedding, funeral, church committee meeting, Bunko, you name it, food is involved. The main reason I'm blogging about food is that sometimes there is just so much I want to say about a particular dish, or restaurant, or culinary adventure, and there's just not enough space on facebook to do it. Plus, I feel like I missed my calling in life by not working in some form of the food industry. So, this will be a way for me to be more involved with the world of food.

As this progresses, I will post from various angles. I may post about the newest recipe I've tried, the newest restaurant I've patronized, or just my craving for a Sprinkles cupcake. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my ramblings, and if you have any suggestions for recipes or new places to try, feel free to pass them along.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I am a blogaholic! I will add this one to my list of blogs I frequent. I don't read a food blog so this will be great! I have been wanting to start a blog for over a year I just need to make myself do it. But I definitely won't be blogging about food or cooking. I will leave that up to the experts. I look forward to reading some of your fantastic recipes!

    ReplyDelete